HOW MUCH WILL MY TATTOO COST?
Estimating the price of a tattoo is best done in person. We have found it to be easier to discuss the details that way. Pricing may fluctuate as more information and a better idea of the design is made available. Some tattoos can be completed in a single visit; other designs require many hours and multiple appointments to finish. If you are working within a particular budget or have a concept you want considered for an estimate, please contact us. When you do, please consider and include the following information:
1. Design Imagery
- the list of objects, images, and/or words
- being open to additional ideas will result in a better design
- the more particular you are the more specific you need to be
- the "I'll know it when I see it" approach doesn't work
- where on the body
- some locations are more expensive due to difficulty of application
- some locations are more likely to need a touchup
- approximate the overall dimensions of the tattoo
- be specific about the various elements in your design
4. Black & Grey vs. Color
- color should be avoided for those with darker complexions and who frequently go tanning
- full color tattoos can be more expensive to complete
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO HEAL MY TATTOO PROPERLY?
Healing a tattoo properly is as important as the tattooing process itself. So please follow these aftercare guidelines. A new tattoo will be bandaged at the end of the appointment. Afterwards, please:
- Leave the bandage on for a hour
- Carefully remove bandage and wash tattoo with an unscented liquid soap using only your fingertips (do not scrub)
- Apply a thin layer of Aquaphor or A&D 3 times a day for 3 days
- On the 4th day, begin using a fragrance free lotion as often as needed to keep the skin from drying out
- Continue using the lotion for the remainder of two weeks or until completely healed
- Pick, scratch or shave the healing tattooed area
- Tan in a bed or direct sunlight
- Submerge tattoo in water for extended periods of time
- Wear clothing that rubs or constricts the tattooed area
WHAT DO I DO IF I NEED TO CANCEL OR SWITCH MY APPOINTMENT DATE?
Cancellations result in forfeiture of deposit amount. Switching an appointment may or may not be possible depending on your artist's schedule.
HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO GET TATTOOED?
One must be a minimum of 16 years old to be tattooed. That being said, at the time of an appointment, those under 18 must be accompanied by a guardian and each must provide two valid forms of identification. For each person, one ID must have a photo as well as an address that matches with the guardian's. Everyone 18 and older must have two valid forms of identification with one being a photo ID.
DO YOU ACCEPT CREDIT CARD AS PAYMENT?
Accepting credit card depends on the artist doing the work. Please ask ahead of time to see if yours does. Those that do, will require an additional 5% surcharge to the balance of the tattoo price.
I HAVE AN IDEA FOR A TATTOO DESIGN, HOW CAN I GET IT DRAWN UP?
Typically, drawings are made for set appointments. If wanting a drawing only, a cash deposit is still required. This amount is based on the size and complexity of the design. Deposits are applied to a future appointment for this design, should you make one. If you decline, the deposit will be forfeited.
I HAVE A GIFT CERTIFICATE, HOW DO I REDEEM IT?
All gift certificates are artist specific. Come into the shop to discuss your appointment. Please make sure you are redeeming it with the correct artist it is for as well making it clear that you are intending to redeem it when booking your appointment.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
Please wear something comfortable as well as something you are ok with getting ink on. We are as neat as possible but things do happen and the inks we use do not come out of clothing.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN I BRING WITH ME FOR APPOINTMENT?
Regulations state that you may have one person accompanying you during your tattoo procedure.
MAY CHILDREN BE PRESENT DURING MY APPOINTMENT?
Though we are family friendly, we ask that you please do not bring children to your tattoo appointment, no matter how well behaved they are.
ARE THERE ANY MEDICINES OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS THAT HINDER THE TATTOO PROCESS?
If either of these are a concern, please contact your regular physician and let them know you are considering a tattoo.
While not a comprehensive list, from previous experience we have found those on blood thinners, antibiotics, have diabetes, or an acute skin condition should consult a physician.
I AM LOOKING FOR AN APPRENTICESHIP/JOB?
No, we are not currently or at anytime in the future looking to apprentice or hire another tattooer. If/when we are interested we will make it known. So please do not inquire.
DO YOU OFFER PIERCING?
Sorry we do not have a piercer.